April 2018 Job Posting
Role: Special events/Bar Backing
Tioga-Sequoia is hiring for new Beer Garden Special Event/Barback Associates, must be available to work both evenings and weekends.
The Beer Garden is located in the heart of Downtown Fresno and works diligently to grow awareness of the community that is Downtown Fresno. The Beer Garden is a space for consumers to purchase Tioga-Sequoia beer, growlers, kegs and Tioga-Sequoia gear.
Position Objective: Event staff will be employed by Tioga so appropriate attire and behaviors applies while the employee is on their shift. Big events are planed as far ahead as possible so we would appreciate availability to join us on bigger events to help out as needed. If hired as event staff there would consideration for them to become part time bar backs as positions become available.
Applicants Must be at least 21 years of age.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Speak enthusiastically and knowledgeable about all Tioga-Sequoia’s beers
- Pour beer flight samplers, pints, glasses and growlers.
- Handle cash and card transactions. Operate register system
- Stock beer garden cooler, apparel, and other supplies as needed.
- Provide the best customer service possible to customers.
- Keep a clean and organized working environment.
- Assist with administrative and janitorial tasks as needed.
- Set up Bar as directed by Shift Lead/Bartender
- Wash Glassware make sure there is always clean glassware or cups ready for Bartenders. Keep area behind bar clean and orderly.
- Check Kegs replace as needed, stage kegs for quick change according to volume.
- Routine Bathroom Checks to ensure stocked and clean
- Routine Trash checks to ensure that any can ¾ full is changed (to increase frequency during event days)
- Wipe and clear tables to help keep the place neat or to make it inviting for the next guest to take over the table.
- Fill Crowler/Growlers apon request of the other bartenders or shift leads.
- Assist customers with questions on Merchandise or bottles.
- Clean any Beer spills by customer that may be unsafe.
- Refill water dispensers as needed.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Team player with a positive attitude, cheerful disposition and excitement for craft beer.
• Punctual and reliable.
• Ability to work in fast pace environment.
• Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
• Great organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task.
• Must be able to lift 55lbs.
This position will be based out of the Tioga-Sequoia Beer Garden in Fresno, CA (745 Fulton 93721)
In order to be considered for this position, please submit a resume and brief cover letter outlining why you’d like to work for Tioga-Sequoia Brewing Company, relevant experience and why you’d be a valuable addition to our team to email@example.com, or feel free to drop it by the Beer Garden during Beer Garden hours. PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS!